The Cairo Guitar Collective (CGC) is dedicated to the performance of quality works for small guitar ensembles. CGC is comprised of some of the best teachers and advanced students of classical guitar in Egypt who perform music from various cultures and eras. We offer our audience the experience of hearing the guitar played in surprising ways. For more information, please visit our website: www.cairoguitarcollective.com or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cguitarc
Cairo Guitar Collective’s Mission
• Perform quality chamber music for guitars and guitar-like instruments.
• Unite a community of classical guitar enthusiasts throughout Egypt.
• Provide professional performance experience for aspiring classical guitarists.
• Spread awareness of AUC’s Bachelor of Musical Arts in Performance degree program.
• Conduct educational outreach presentations and workshops throughout Egypt.
• Perform beyond Egypt as representatives of Egypt’s music culture.
• Commission new compositions, arrangements & transcriptions for guitar duo, trio & quartets.
• CGC Members
• Taha Mansy
• Paweł Kuźma, co-director
• Chelsea Green, co-director
Fugue VI, Op. 1 Giuseppe Tartini (1692-1770)
Clair de Lune Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
Gymnopedie & Gnossienne Eric Satie (1866-1925)
Reverie Reynaldo Hahn (1874-1947)
Elegie Eric Satie
Les Anges Eric Satie
Si mes vers avaient des ailes Reynaldo Hahn
L'evasion Astor Piazzolla (1921-1992)
Grand Trio, Op. 62 Anton Diabelli (1781-1858)
Introduction & Fandango* Luigi Boccherini (1743-1805
Helena Abdelnasser's film, Dancing Yellow orالاصفر الراقص, is the result of collaboration with CGC in fall 2017.
*Entry at 8:30 PM
*Seats are limited
*Ticket price 50 LE
*Tickets are available at Room and soon on e7gezly.com